Thursday, October 13, 2011

(almost) conversations with Turi...

Apologies for my whining yesterday.  I had a good night's sleep last night and today life looks much better.  So to spread a little positivity I'm sharing a little bit of cute with you today.  This is a little felt mask I made for Turi to wear to a goldilocks and the three bears party a while ago.  Needless to say he wouldn't wear it at the party but it has had a bit of a workout at home (the perfect accessory to a frilly skirt of course!)


Sweet little Turi's speech has exploded in the last couple of weeks.  It is like having a tiny foreign exchange student from Northern Ireland giving a commentary on the entire day.  At first you don't think he's speaking english but if you screw your face up hard enough and tilt your head to one side you realise that in fact he is speaking in complete sentences.  Last night he said to me 'I want to watch giggle and hoot mummy' (well actually he said 'I wan what goggle an who mummy' but I got the message).  His favourite phrase is 'I wan pay side' which at first sounded like lyrics from a gangsta rap but I finally figured out translates to 'I want to play outside'.  But I am ashamed to admit the utterance I found most endearing to date was when he dropped his sausage, gazed down at it sadly and said softly and innocently, 'shit'.  My little bear is growing up.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! I want to make something like this, actually a lot of these. All different animals. Thank you for the sweet pictures, they made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! Love the last photo :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! Elodie says "bugger" so don't worry! just say he's misprounouncing "ship"

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious! Frilly photo must be preserved for his 21st!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mask and lovely story. I have a 2 year old at a similar stage. Love it! Am still waiting for the first swear word, but I'm sure it'll come!

    ReplyDelete