Thursday, October 27, 2011

Birthday ice-cream...

IMG_4472.jpg
Ok so we're still experiencing technical difficulties hence the lack of posting this week.  At least this means I've had a chance to get a little bit of sewing done.  This little blouse is for my niece who is having her first birthday on the weekend.  Luckily she's too young to read this blog so I can post it without threat of spoiling the surprise!  Not that one year olds get excited by unwrapping clothes.  I'm sure she'll think my gift is a bit naff and would rather receive something that spins around, has flashing lights and/or makes lots of noise, but hopefully her parents will appreciate this.

The pattern is my all time favourite from Oliver+S, the ice-cream blouse.  It's made with buttery soft double gauze (from Japan), which was a bit of a bugger to sew with but should be dreamy to wear on a hot summers day.  The button is a little vintage four leaf clover which was hiding in my stash, and just happens to be almost the exact size and colour of the clovers on the fabric.  Serendipitous no?  I think it adds just a little touch of whimsy.

IMG_4475.jpg

11 comments:

  1. That is adorable - and gives me hope that one day my stash of buttons will be put to as pretty a use! Lovely blog, nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so sweet! I'm a fan of the Oliver + S patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little blouse and such pretty fabric. Kids get so many toys now-a-days; I think this present will be well received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute :) I love the button... isn't it nice when you find something like that, it's like it has been waiting for this moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet and you're right the button does add a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. What a lucky birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ladybirds, what a beautiful blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just adorable! I bought that pattern a while ago but have not used it yet.. must try it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! What a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. What a lovely little top and the button is so very very perfect.

    ReplyDelete