Sunday, November 20, 2011

In which Minty is a cupcake and I am an idiot...

Sorry for my disappearance this week.  I had a severe allergic reaction to some antibiotics I took and have been coping with a whole bunch of crazy side effects.  

Lessons learned this week (and yes in hindsight I realise these seem ridiculously obvious):
1. Whenever you take medication be sure to read the list of possible side effects listed on the leaflet inside the packet…  especially if you begin to experience strange symptoms.
2. The following people are not doctors: the pharmacist, the nurses at 'nurse on call', the ladies at the health food shop, google.  While they are all probably very good at their respective jobs, they have not been through med school and it is unwise to rely on them to diagnose you.
3.  If you suspect you are having an allergic reaction stop taking the medication IMMEDIATELY… even if those listed in point 2 tell you it is 'highly unlikely'.  Do not continue to take said medication for four days… the results will not be pretty.

In other news… Minty performed in her first ballet concert this week.  She was a cupcake from the Mad Hatter's tea party.  It was all very adorable, with most of the 'tiny creative' class staggering about like stunned deer in the headlights.  Minty loved it.  Sadly I couldn't take even a single photo of her in her costume, since parents weren't allowed to watch any of the rehearsals or go backstage and no photography was permitted in the theatre.  I never even got to see her costume close up.  One can of course pay for a photo from the 'official photographer' of the kids on stage, but I really think it's a shame that there was no opportunity to take candid portraits.  I'm not really sure why a little kids ballet concert has to be such a commercial enterprise.

This is the one and only (slightly blurry) photo I have of the girls relaxing in between performances.

2 comments:

  1. If parents weren't allowed back stage, who had the fun job of dressing and undressing all those little moppets? Tis a shame - I'm sure she was an edible little cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was very edible and so was her pictured friend and fellow cupcake! My own stage debut was as an earthworm (in a hessian sack costume) at age 5. I don't think I looked quite as sweet. I have no idea what the play was all about.

    ReplyDelete