Monday, April 5, 2010

P.S. I love you (Jad & Robert!)


Today I want to share with you something special: a little slice of wonder wrapped up in a rainbow and sprinkled with stardust. I want to share with you one of my secrets for parental success and familial happiness. Are you getting excited yet?


The secret is… Radio Lab podcasts from WNYC.


What is so great about Radio Lab, you may ask. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mum and being at home with the kids certainly means every day has its own set of challenges and rewards, but sometimes it can also be a little brain numbing. Radio Lab helps keep my brain limber. Some days when I am home alone with my babies and desperate for a little adult conversation Radio Lab is the perfect solution. Minty and I will build block towers or do some drawing while we listen. Minty seems to enjoy the sound of the voices and the way it is produced and we've often used Radio Lab as a means of calming her down on a long car trip.


I like it so much I even considered naming Turi, Jad after Jad Abumrad but ended up deciding against it because 'Jad' really doesn't sound as good when you say it with an Australian accent. I even listened to Radio Lab when I was in labour, in the car on the way to the hospital.


If you aren't already a Radio Lab convert, dudes you seriously need to get on board. It will change your world (really), if only just a little bit! You can thank me later.


2 comments: