Thursday, July 15, 2010

in which Minty channels humpty dumpty and I get social sewing style...


You may have noticed there haven't been very many sewing posts around here lately. Honestly I've kind of lost my sewing mojo. In an effort to rekindle the magic I've joined the ice-cream social Oliver+S Ice Cream Dress sew along (if you click the picture above it will take you directly to the flickr group). I only just ordered my pattern and fabric today so I have a horrid feeling it won't arrive in time for the start of the sew along.

In other less cheerful news, Minty cracked her head open today. She was bouncing along the couch when suddenly she bounced a little too high and flew half way across the room like a rag doll and landed head first on the corner of her trolley. As she was bouncing I was giving her a stern lecture about the dangers of bouncing on the couch. It was one of those rare occasions when I don't enjoy being right. She's ok now, just feeling somewhat sorry for herself and sporting an unsightly bloody lump on her forehead.

2 comments:

  1. Poor, poor Minta Moo!!! Kisses from Uncle Ross and Aunty Nat. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. these ice cream patterns are just too gorgeous, especially the little brown retro top. happy sewing! carly

    ReplyDelete