Friday, August 6, 2010

brown sugar how come you taste so good?


I'm a firm believer that there isn't much in life that isn't vastly improved with the addition of a little brown sugar. When I'm feeling a little low I even sprinkle a few teaspoons of the magical brown pixie dust into a glass of milk as a restorative tonic. Then while I sip my potation I ponder life's mysteries such as why I have such trouble shifting my baby weight…

Yesterday there wasn't anything tasty in the house so Minty and I decided to whip up some brown sugar cupcakes.


The recipe is adapted from
this one over at the cheeky kitchen…

Makes 12 cupcakes

113g butter
200g brown sugar
185g cake flour
2 eggs
120ml milk
3/4 tspn baking powder
pinch salt
1 1/2 tspn vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 180C. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, beat to incorporate. Add the remaining ingredients. Beat until just combined. Spoon mixture into lined cupcake tin. Bake approx 20mins or until tops spring back when gently pressed.

I iced the cakes with brown sugar icing of my own concoction…

200g sifted icing sugar
2 tablespoons boiling water
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar

Mix everything together until you reach the desired consistency, adding a little more water or icing sugar as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment