Monday, September 26, 2011

house update


I've been taking a bit of a blog nap.  Although stacks has been going on around these parts, I have writers block and can't seem to commit fingers to the keyboard.  Things have been rather hectic the last couple of weeks with the Mr spending long hours on site, while I take on a virtual solo parenting role.

To give you a bit of a house update, after a lot of drama our power has finally been connected on site and our solar panels have been installed, (just in the nick of time for us to receive the grant!)  Since we don't have a house to put them on yet, they had to be ground mounted (you can see the structure behind Turi in the photo on the right).  We've also had the site excavated, ready to start digging the stumps this week.

I'm going to try and push through my writing funk and post a bit more this week, but for now I'm off the take the kids to the swimming pool and try and make the most of this glorious day.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back and some progress on your block. The excavation seems to take ages, but I'm sure the house will be up before you know it! Look forward to some more updates soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turi should be very proud of his efforts! It looks as though he's doing the whole thing on his own.

    ReplyDelete