Tuesday, October 8, 2013

In which Minty is "Hung Up"...



I'm currently enduring some kind of cosmic musical punishment.  Minty's favourite artist is Madonna.  I'm not even talking about eighties Madonna with lace gloves, permed hair and oversized bows… no I mean high-cut leotard, rollerskating, air-brushed Madonna with a heavy dance beat and too much use of the synthesiser.  Meanwhile my other child is obsessed with Michael Jackson… again not cute Jackson Five Michael or even classic Thriller era Michael… no I mean mid-nineties Michael with the overuse of sound effects of things smashing and blowing up and when almost every second bar featured Michael's signature squeal.  Turi is particularly pleased if Janet makes  a cameo.

Gone are the days when my morning bread making ritual was accompanied by the sounds of Wagner, Puccini and Bizet.  The only 'Carmen' I'm allowed to listen to now is spelled with a K. Help!  If I don't seize back control of the stereo soon I may suffer permanent psychological damage.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I feel your pain! I'd much rather"vintage" Madonna and Michael than the newer stuff. All I can say is thank god my lot have rather different tastes in music. My 23 year old daughter LOVES Dean Martin, Johnny Cash and stuff from the 50's and we all appreciate some classic beauty!

    ReplyDelete