Friday, November 26, 2010

I *heart* liberty...


Love can be a dangerous thing… especially for one's wallet. I got a little carried away at Patchwork on Central Park yesterday. Normally buying fabric is such a fun, positive experience but yesterday I came away feeling a bit like an alcoholic after a pub crawl. The shop was filled with snooty ladies contemplating purchasing fabric at $80 a meter and hand sewn blouses for $395. I was there with a very specific mission (to purchase binding for Minty's quilt) but when I reached the counter there was a $20 credit card minimum. I needed to spend an extra $5 and somehow that $5 kinda, sorta, maybe multiplied into a 'tiny' bit more *ahem*. So now I have spent the past 24 hours justifying my fabric extravagance in my mind. These liberty prints will certainly be treasured and every last millimetre will be used for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment