Wednesday, March 7, 2012

House update...


Time for a little bit of a house update.  The frame for the shed is starting to go up.  It has quite a high pitched roof so we can squeeze a loft space in there.  I think the roof line will be pretty and compliments the house quite nicely (it's a little hard to tell from these pictures since I had the wrong lens on my camera and could only shoot small sections at a time).  It is starting to make me feel a little nervous about the very small garden space between the east windows and the shed.  Although this was an intentional part of the original design, now that I've experienced these rooms with full sunlight I think it will take a bit of getting used to the shading when the shed is complete.

I couldn't take any inside pictures on my last visit since I had Turi with me and it really isn't very safe at the moment.  Hopefully I'll have some indoor progress shots to show next time.

In the mean time I've been trying to finalise my plans for our en suite and laundry.  The Mr is very keen to have a lino (vinyl) floor.  I do love the feel of vinyl underfoot and it is incredibly easy to clean, so I've been trying to get on board.  The only trouble is that most of the available choices are less than inspiring.  It seems as though most vinyl flooring these days is printed with either imitation ceramic tiles or imitation timber floor boards.  Is it just me, or did the old school linoleum from a few decades ago seem much more fun?  I am considering a possibly crazy notion of using a green vinyl.  These images of Mikkeller Bar in Copenhagen are probably the closest I can show you to explain my vision.  Am I completely insane?

2 comments:

  1. You are not insane - I LOVE the green vinyl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it, it looks more like older style vinyl to me, not the floppy stuff you usually get, but lino tiles used to be stiff - or did they stiffen with age?

    ReplyDelete