Sunday, March 4, 2012

Super quick banana ice-cream!

For those of you who read hear regularly it will be no surprise when I say I love home made ice-cream.  But sometimes I really can't be bothered investing the time involved in making a complicated custard base and chilling overnight before churning.  Here is the perfect solution - from start to finish, including churning time this ice-cream will only take half an hour.  I started this while the kids were eating their dinner and it was ready in time for dessert.  As an added bonus it is packed with the goodness of fresh fruit and also used up some of our never ending supply of veggie box bananas.

To ensure that your ice-cream won't turn a nasty brown colour you will need to churn your mixture immediately without chilling it first.  To ensure the mixture is nice and cool I like to refrigerate my bananas for at least a few hours before I begin.

3 ripe bananas
75g sugar
380 ml double cream

Pop all the ingredients in a jug and blend with a stick blender.  Churn in your ice-cream maker for approximately 25 minutes.  The ice-cream is lovely and thick and creamy and best eaten straight out of the churner!




1 comment:

  1. YUM! Easy icecream - right up my alley! I wonder if it would work as frozen yoghurt?

    ReplyDelete