Tuesday, November 2, 2010

In which I drop off the side of the earth and Minty learns to swear...

ouch!

I'm finding it hard to write about the past month without sounding melodramatic or like some kind of polyanna wannabe. Two prolapsed discs in my neck. To say it's been hard would be an understatement. I feel like I've been sitting on the sidelines of my life the past month watching everything pass by.


I may or may not elaborate on all of this at a later date. Frankly it's a bit stressful and depressing for me to think about. I'm still very much going through the recovery process so don't be alarmed if I'm popping back and forth from this space in the next couple of months. I'm trying to live in the moment and not to look too far ahead. Right now I'm feeling much better.


Everyone has been amazingly helpful and supportive during all of this. Thank you!


And in the interests of full disclosure… a confession. As a result of my foul language during this rough month MInty has learnt a new word… 'shit'. On the bright side, to date she has only used it as an exclamation, not a verb or noun. Hopefully both Minty's sailor mouth and my neck will soon make a full recovery.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps it's time for the sailor mouth and a bar of soap to make their acquaintance! :)

    ReplyDelete