Monday, November 8, 2010

In which we say happy birthday and I am left unsatisfied...


Happy (belated) birthday Aunty Rae! xo


In other news… I had my high school ten year reunion yesterday. I'd have to say it was rather unsatisfying. Somewhat like a cross between a job interview and speed dating, with everyone basically circulating the room and giving a 1 minute synopsis of their life story. Mine - I've got two kids and I live on Phillip Island - somehow it says everything and nothing. With the 'Facebook' I suppose much of this is redundant given that you can take a superficial glance at people's lives whenever the whim grabs you. I came away feeling a bit like a carnivore at a vegan retreat - craving more substance. That said, it was nice to see people, especially some friends I haven't caught up with in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment