Thursday, April 8, 2010

sand monsters


The end of daylight savings has thrown us for a loop. The kids seem to have missed the memo and haven't reset their body clocks so everyone has been getting up at 5am. I'm pooped.

My sister and nephew have been visiting us for the past couple of days. The weather hasn't been very kind to us but we've had a great time anyway. The kids don't mind a bit of rain and we managed to brave the beach.

Here are a couple of snaps from yesterday. They're taken with my little point and shoot (Olympus stylus 790 SW). It's a little tricky taking pictures with this camera when it's sunny because there isn't an optical view finder and the light reflects off the screen making it near impossible to see what you're doing. Sometimes when I look back at the pictures I've taken it looks like the camera has been wielded by a drunken sailor! I'm too scared to take my dslr to the beach though because juggling two small sand monsters and a camera is a recipe for disaster. The olympus is waterproof and shock proof so I don't need to stress.



1 comment:

  1. Braving the beach between showers - happy days! Seems only yesterday that you two Mums were the ones with the bucket and spades.

    ReplyDelete