Thursday, February 23, 2012

Alphabet magnets...

I've been wanting to get Minty some alphabet magnets for a while now, but the only ones I could find were those ugly plastic ones.  My current rental kitchen is depressing enough without adding anymore tackiness.  I'm not ashamed to say that sometimes aesthetics win out over education in this house.  Plus the little magnets in the plastic letters always seem to drop out and pose a bit of a choking hazard for the smaller members of the household who are still compelled to place random objects in their mouths.

Inspiration struck when I found these fabric letters on pinterest.  I whipped up a set for Minty's birthday.  The fabric is all from my stash - some vintage sheets, a bit of liberty and lots of quilting cottons.  MInty loves them and I don't mind having them cluttering up the fridge.  Pretty and educational - everybody wins!




16 comments:

  1. Aww they are adorable, much better than the plastic ones, I bet she loves playing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty: I want some for my fridge :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are seriously awesome. Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and way better than plastic ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love your colour selections too. I'd love to make a set in lower case as well as upper case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just wonderful ...
    thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are incredible. What a great idea. And great execution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah! You're a total whizz! That would take me FOREVER! Love the fabrics too. I hope Minty know how lucky she is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great.. and I saw some that look very similar for sale at Mathilda's (kids) Market for $60!! (Maybe you could go into business!)
    Also, How did you put the magnets on? Did you cover the whole back of the fabric or just attach a small magnet to each letter?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad the ones I'd seen and went back to buy were sold out! Yours are delightful and much safer as well. I have to show the pic to my Minnies who might place orders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! What fun for Minty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fantastic! I love the fabrics you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! these are so beautiful, what a lovely idea!!! i may have to copy you!!!! Mezz

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute children good photography blog...

    ReplyDelete
  15. VERY NICE PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG................

    ReplyDelete