Monday, February 6, 2012

Kinder!

Minty had her first day of kinder (preschool) today!  She was so excited and had a ball while she was there.  Her highlights from the day were that she played duplo lego and 'someone else' wet their pants and cried!  

The start of kinder of course meant that Minty needed a new bag.  I wasn't particularly keen on most of the ones I'd seen in the shops so I decided to sew her one as an early birthday present (she turns four next week).  The pattern was from Little Things to Sew.  I used Denyse Schmidt quilting cotton for the main fabric and lining (I used fusible interfacing to bulk up the main bag since the fabric was a bit light weight).  I think the red chunky zip and bright pink straps help to make the colours pop.  Minty loves it and Turi is very jealous.  He wants to have a kinder bag too.  I really think kinder is going to be a harder adjustment for Turi.  He couldn't understand why he wasn't allowed to stay and play with all the toys.

These photos were taken while we were waiting to go inside and she was too hyped up to stay still, so apologies for all the cut off legs and strange running shots!

I realise I need to announce last week's giveaway winners - I'm hoping I'll get a chance tomorrow.  I've been really busy creating so I haven't had much energy left to spend time on the computer. 






3 comments:

  1. She looks so happy - what an exciting day!! The bag is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a successful first day. Here's to a happy year at kinder for MInty and for Turi, some special times with Mum all to himself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan I just love Minty's new back-pack! Not surprises Mr T is jealous... its so much fun to look at the colours - like jelly beans, just makes you happy!.. K

    ReplyDelete