Tuesday, March 15, 2011

In which things are up in the air...

With the way things are developing at Fukushima it is looking as though our trip to Tokyo is increasingly unlikely to go ahead.  I can't imagine what it must be like for people living in Japan waiting for this to all play out.  I can't stop thinking about the people who work at the plant and have to continue frantically trying to avert disaster, in the face of the threat of radiation, injured coworkers and the tragic quake and tsunami that has no doubt affected their families and loved ones.  I think I'd just be in the foetal position somewhere sobbing.

Speaking of being unable to function… I'm currently operating on four hours of sleep (for the second night in a row), and seem to have finally succumbed to the horrible cold the kids have had for the last three weeks.  I'm officially too tired to eat dinner, or write anything remotely comprehensible about what's been going on around here, so I'm signing off and going to bed.  Catch you all on the flip side.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I hope things look brighter soon on the home front. The Japanese situation is terrible. Pray and donate are about the only things one can do I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bird, it's a plane... No its just Minty flying down to earth... "Don't drop me dad"

    ReplyDelete