Friday, March 19, 2010

I still look 5 months pregnant and other depressing facts...

OK Turi is now 4 months old and I'm thinking it probably isn't a good thing I'm still wearing maternity pants... hmn. I suspect that the vast quantities of home-made bread, pasta, cakes and cookies I'm consuming are probably sustaining the phantom baby in utero but if I am truly honest I have no intention of changing my diet any time soon. Frankly the carbs are getting me through the sleepless nights and daily screaming duets. The only answer it would seem to ditching the maternity wear is to buy new clothes.

Requirements of my new matronly wardrobe:
  • an ability to whip my boobs out at a moments notice to feed the ravenous beast (sorry angel) that is my second child
  • no LOW hipster pants as I would prefer not to reveal my plumber's crack while playing fuzzy felts on the floor (and no that is not a euphemism).
  • all items must be machine washable... in all likelihood any 'hand wash only' garments will be worn once and then lie dormant in my hand washing hamper never to see the light of day again.
  • items must not require ironing - the iron and I rendezvous for sewing projects but that is where our relationship ends.
  • Fabrics should be able to withstand baby vomit and sticky fingers without looking immediately filthy (I suspect this request might be about as realistic as suggesting I plan to replace my car with a rainbow coloured unicorn)
  • Clothes must be cheap as I do still plan on EVENTUALLY losing weight so these items are just to tide me over in the mean time
And so dear readers, I ask your help. Where do I start to look for this 'mumdrobe'? Are there any particular styles of garment I should seek out or stores I should visit?

P.S. I don't want to look dowdy.
P.P.S. sorry no cute photos today - my camera is on a business trip

No comments:

Post a Comment