Monday, August 23, 2010

vegelicious


This week we're trying out a new source for our fruit and vegetables. Ironically seeing as we live in a rural area it is fairly difficult to source fresh, organic produce at a reasonable price. The local farmer's market only runs once a month and regrettably I seem to end up buying most of my veg from Coles... until now! Phillip Island Food Fanatics is a not for profit group run by volunteers that organise purchasing fresh organic fruit and veg from the Footscray markets. A box costs $50 and is filled with a random selection of goodies. I'm sort of loving the fact that the contents of the box is a surprise (master chef mystery box challenge anyone??) I'm usually really anal retentive with my weekly menu planning. I hate waste so I generally meticulously plan our meals and only purchase exactly the ingredients we require. I think the box is going to push my cooking boundaries and hopefully we'll eat a lot more veg. The picture above only shows a small portion of what we got. I'll let you know how it all goes.

And for those of you who come here for the craft, here's a sneak peak at some fabric I'm cutting for Minty's new quilt. It is unapologetically pink... because, move over yellow, I think pink is the happiest colour in the world!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely pink! And the pinks in these fabrics are lively and gorgeous. Yellow isn't in my palette at all. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete