I made another ice-cream blouse. This time in some blue floral quilting cotton I picked up on sale at spotlight. Can you believe this was only $4 a meter? I only needed a little over half a meter for this so I still have some left for another project. This fabric is a lot sturdier than the double gauze I used for the last one so it hangs quite differently, not that you can really tell from these photos. It was freezing so I felt a bit cruel making Minty take off her cardigan so I could take pictures. I'll try and take some better photos another day.
I'm really happy with this one. At MInty's request it was finished off with a red button I had squirrelled away in my stash. I do think it adds a little je ne sais quoi.
I've had to put the 'fun' sewing away for a little while and move on to a more functional project. I've been sewing some more prefold nappies for Turi. He's grown out of the tots bots nappies we had and I don't really have money lying around at the moment to spend on fancy fitted nappies. Minty was so much smaller when she was Turi's age and we were practising elimination communication with her, so by the time she had grown out of the small nappy size I really didn't need very many nappies in the next size. So instead of outlaying a small fortune on a new set of cloth nappies for Turi I'm boosting the absorbency of some old school terry towelling nappies by sewing a panel of bamboo fabric inserted into the centre. I'm not sure if that description made any sense at all but if anyone is interested in some more info on this either shoot me an email or leave a note in the comments section.