Tuesday, June 28, 2011

In which we take our art to the street...


sidewalk chalk paint
Yesterday the kids and I got up to some fun making our own sidewalk chalk paint and defacing decorating the pavement outside our house.  This is really simple to do.  Just mix 1/4 cup cold water with 1/4 cup corn flour and then add some drops of food colouring (I used about 5 drops liquid food colouring but you'll need more if you use the all natural stuff).  Then head outside with some paint brushes and go wild!

It's great because you don't need to worry about the kids painting themselves or trying to eat the paint (and let's face it, when you're working with children under the age of two someone is going to eat the paint!!).  

This activity was seriously fun and so easy to set up, I totally recommend you give it a try.

I originally found the idea here.

painting with sidewalk chalk paint painting with sidewalk chalk paint



7 comments:

  1. What fun! Aren't we lucky to have mild enough winter weather to allow such activities. I remember winter in London - definitely not conducive to outdoor art projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I never thought of making my own paint when mine were little. I just bought the big fat chalk pieces and let them go for it. For some reason though, their father was a bit bothered by pavement chalk drawings...I have no idea why....

    ReplyDelete