Monday, June 27, 2011

In which I get carried away on ebay and buy (another) bath...


hanging out in the bath

We all enjoyed the glorious winter weather yesterday, and spent the entire day outside in the garden, blowing giant bubbles, riding bikes and playing chase.  We even got a chance to make a start on our bath restoration.

During my ebay travels I managed to score another free standing cast iron bath.  This one is brand new and only cost me $107 dollars (these retail for around $3000)!  It has two wooden blocks to mount it on (not shown in these photos).  The only damage is a large chip on the rim which I don't think will be too hard to fix.

We did a test fill of one chip with some UV resin and did a patch test of some paint on an inconspicuous spot to try and match the colour.  I'll give more details of the restoration process when I get started.

I'm blogging over at food fanatics today with a recipe for sweet potato brownies so if you're interested check it out.

filling a chip

the (admittedly very large) chip

1 comment:

  1. 'Chip' might be a bit of an understatement? However if its fixable you've got a great bargain. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete